Often I hear from parents this: "my kid never had those white lines on the teeth before braces". these are signs of early decay. They can be prevented with good oral hygiene at home. Here is what I recommend
- Use the Rotadent toothbrush which has specialized heads. one of these heads is specifically designed for braces. Rotadent is also excellent for adults with crowns, veneers, implants, root exposures for adult, perio patients, or sensitivity.
- Brush with baking soda, or Wow toothpaste and floss.
- use any product that has Xylitol during the day to prevent decay or beginning of decay. Products you can find in whole food such as sparx, or other products.
- At night I recommend brushing and flossing, then apply a special paste (clinpro). Do not rinse or drink water after you apply this paste since it gives several hours of protection while you are sleeping.
- Apply an in office treatment of Varnish 3 times per year.
For more information call our office at 1-781-935-2200.