At Agape Dentist in Woburn, MA, Dr. Ghada S. Massabni can find oral cancer before it becomes severe. We examine the tissue in your mouth and use OralID™ to help find any early presence of oral cancer.
Oral cancer includes cancer of the lips, tongue, floor of the mouth, cheeks, throat, sinuses, and hard or soft palate. Oral cancer is typically successfully treated when it is detected early. Most cases of oral cancer are not found until they have progressed into a serious stage. This becomes more difficult to treat.
Our office is dedicated to assisting you detect and treat oral cancer and other abnormalities during the early stages. During a routine dental cleaning and exam, we perform an oral cancer screening to check for signs of oral cancer.
There are various symptoms that are signs you may have oral cancer. Some of these include:
- Persistent sore throat or feeling that something is caught in the back of your throat.
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth.
- Persistent or lasting sore on your face, neck, or mouth.
- Unexplained loss of feeling, pain.
- Numbness in the face, neck, or mouth.
- Lumps, bumps, or rough spots on the gums or lips.
- Red, white, or speckled patches in the mouth.
- Difficulty chewing, speaking, or swallowing.
- Change in the way your teeth or dentures fit together.
If you notice any of these symptoms, we recommend that you call our office immediately. We will perform an oral cancer screening and ensure that you are in good health.
For more information about an oral cancer screening, or to schedule an appointment, contact us today at (781) 935-2200.