Posted March 29, 2011
Every year 33,000 new cases of oral cancer are diagnosed and more than 8,000 deaths are recorded. So, if you notice any of these symptoms, please contact your Woburn Dentist immediately:
- Non healing and bleeding sores.
- White or red spots in the mouth.
- Lump, thickening, rough spot, crust, or small eroded area.
- Numbness or pain in the face, mouth, or neck.
- Feeling of something caught in the mouth.
- Difficulty Chewing, swallowing, speaking, or moving the jaw or tongue.
In the office, we can do a regular visual exam,or we can do a more a thorough Visilight exam which is a special rinse. The difference between them is the Visilight exam has an 80% survival rate, and the visual exam has 50% survival rate. So, if you have any concerns about anything in the mouth you need to call the dentist as soon as possible.